Looking for a fun Halloween pumpkin craft idea to do with your kids? These no-sew pumpkins are easy, and each one only takes about ten minutes to make.
What you need:
- 1 sock
- 2 rubber bands
- Fiber fill
- Hot glue gun
- Start by cutting the sock above the heel. You'll use the ankle piece.
- Turn the ankle piece of the sock inside out and tie off the cut end with a rubber band.
- Next, turn the sock right side out again, and fill the bottom with rice.
- Once you have the desired amount, continue to stuff the sock with fiber fill. Leave some of the top unfilled.
- Tie off the top of the sock with the other rubber band.
- Next, tie twine around the rubber band. Then, wrap the twine around the sock about three times to create the pumpkin ridges.
- Now, we'll turn the excess cuff part of the sock into the stem. Simply wrap the twine up and down the cuff, and secure it with a dot of hot glue.
- Finally, cover up that glued end by tying a twine bow around the base of the stem.
You now have a small sock pumpkin. Play with different sock patterns and materials. The design possibilities are endless.
Are you more of a visual learner? Check out our how-to video or download our printable instructions.